Thursday, July 17, 2014

Earning her keep...


Sorry the pictures in the post are a bit dark it was close to dusk when I got there to pick the little one up!

As a kid my dad used to tell me all the time when I would be doing something for him that I was just earning my keep. I was always aggravated by that line, I mean shouldn’t he just want to give me things?!?!?! Apparently I have decided to have the same philosophy with my kid. The other night the hubs was heading out to bale some hay and he was going to take Charlot with him so I could go do a new water aerobics class (wow what a workout). As I was packing stuff up for the two of them Charlot was doing some whining about why did she have to go with Daddy and why did they have to bale hay. I of course answered her. Charlot #1 stop whining. #2 we bale hay so the cows have food in the winter. #3 you need to go with Daddy because he needs your help and you are earning your keep. Yup it just happened my dad entered my body and came out my mouth.

Savage beast tried to approach my car as I was recovering my child!
Happy as a lark didn't want to leave the tractor

Checking out her hardwork.


More characters trying to approach as I was leaving!!!
The hubs parents actually had planned on coming out to the pasture where he was baling to help entertain her for him. I guess the little stinker took me seriously and insisted on being in the tractor with her dad the entire time to earn her keep. I guess I shouldn’t be so sarcastic with my kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment