Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Stuffed Zucchini


Here is another great zucchini recipe that I prepared with the abundance of zucchini that my momma has. I used the same technique that I did with Squash Boats to prepare them, and I used pretty much the same filling I use for my Stuffed Peppers. It isn’t your traditional stuffed pepper filling but I love it!


I prepared these a few nights ago for my parents and brother, I wasn’t sure how they would go over but I knew that I would like them so any leftovers would just come home with me. Well let’s just say I had to figure out something different to take for lunch the next day. The platter was wiped clean! So if you are on zucchini overload give this recipe try for a nice summer supper!

Stuffed Zucchini

4 medium zucchini squash (cut in half lengthwise and the center scrapped out)

1 lb of Pork Sausage (you could use hamburger)

1 box Uncle Ben Wild Rice

1 small onion (chopped)

1 small can Tomato Sauce

1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese

EVOO

Salt and Pepper

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place your zucchini boats cut side up on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tender. While those are working brown and drain your sausage in a large skillet. In that same skillet add the onion and prepare the rice according to package directions. When rice is just shy of finished add in the tomato sauce and pork. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Stir in ¼ cup of the Cheese.

Once the zucchini are done remove from the oven and stuff with the rice mixture. Top with remaining cheese and return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment