Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Bacon Cheddar Honey Mustard Chicken...

 Our local grocery store has this wonderful points program, that each time you shop there you get a certain number of points for the items you buy. Then with these points you can purchase selected items each week if you choose. Well I am that person that has a ton of these points and I never use them. Mainly because I forget to use them or I don’t look to see what the selected items are that week. I really had a point to this…oh yea points. I was walking down an aisle a week or so ago heck it could have been a month ago I really can’t remember. Should I be worried about this???


Again sorry back to the point of this story, I was cruising the store and happened to see that I could get a lovely selection of mustards for a certain number of points that day. I grabbed my standard yellow and head out. But something in that moment told me to stop and think about this. I was practically getting this for free so why not live a little; there were so many flavors to choose from. The honey mustard just kept calling my name. Throwing caution to the wind, it was free why not; I grabbed the honey mustard and ran out of that aisle before I changed my mind.

Little did I know that I had no clue what I was going to do with this mustard and that, that would drive me crazy. I feel that after all of the above story if you are still reading my blog it is a shear miracle, but I promise there is a recipe at the end of this madness. I tried just using it on sandwiches and in wraps but I didn’t feel it was reaching its full potential. Then in a dream or maybe in desperation for something different to do with chicken breast this jewel was born.

Chicken marinated in honey mustard, grilled and topped with bacon and cheese. Hum yes please I would love some! And I did and so did the hubs as well as the kiddo. This is an easy family friendly recipe that can be made on your inside or outside grill. One request ENJOY and don’t tell anyone how crazy I am.

That was two requests I am terribly sorry!

Bacon Cheddar Honey Mustard Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

¼ cup honey mustard

¼ EVOO

Salt and pepper to taste

¼ tsp red pepper

2 pieces of bacon cooked and broke in half

2 pieces of thick sliced cheddar cheese cut in half

Mix mustard, EVOO, and seasons in a large bowl add chicken, stir well to coat all pieces of chicken. Allow chicken to marinate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.

Grill chicken on a hot grill pan or on an outdoor grill. Once chicken is nearly done top with bacon then cheese to allow cheese to melt but not become runny.

Remove from grill and enjoy, I served mine with parmesan zucchini fries.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment