Monday, August 25, 2014

Berry and Black Pepper Glazed Pork Chops...And Winners Announced!!!



So I haven’t had a ton of time to do much cooking over the past few weeks between the fair and northern Iowa work trip. Thus this weekend the kitchen was calling me!!! Saturday morning Charlot and I headed out to the grocery store for a large stock up trip! During the trip I found some lovely boneless pork chops. But this recipe it begins a week earlier at the…you guessed it…the fair.


See a week ago Saturday the hubs and I took Charlot to the fair to actually you know see the fair, not just the inside of the hog barn. One of our first stops was the Ag. Building, home of the biggest pumpkin contest! This building also houses many Ag based companies selling different products. Well the hubs tells me that Charlot and I can walk around while he stops to talk to some guy about something for the farm. I kind of blanked out due to the smell of candied almonds. Oh I forgot to mention this building also houses many vendors selling food products and giving samples. This is amazing for my love of grazing. As Charlot and I are wondering, a nice young man asks me if I would like to try some of their granola. Well of course.

The next thing he does changes the game! He gives me a little cup of granola and has squirted some nice looking jam on the top of this little sample. I am a bit spectacle at first, but then I tried it and man oh man it was delicious! I couldn’t get past how good the jam was, it was perfect for me full of berries and smooth, no big chunks of berries, PERFECT!

I was sold; I will take a gallon of that very jam! Oh it only comes in pints; well I’ll just take one then! I didn’t even know what it was called or what fruits it had in it they just wrapped it up and I paid the bill. Then when I got home I had to have some more of the greatness that is when I discovered it was a lovely blend of blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. The jam is from, or should I say was from my jar is empty, The Nutty Berry Farms check them out. Great on toast, waffles, biscuits, salad dressings, and glazes for pork.

Well that was a long story to get to a recipe. But that was some seriously good jam. I cooked these pork chops over the weekend and found the flavors amazing! You could use just about any berry jam you prefer.

Berry Black Pepper Glazed Pork Chops

4 ½ thick boneless pork chops

½ cup jam

1 tsp black pepper

2-4 tbsp EVOO (you want enough to thin out the jam could be more could be less)

Mix the jam, black pepper and EVOO together adding your desired amount of EVOO for consistency. Reserve a few tablespoons to use as topping when serving. Smear the glaze mixture on to the pork chops and allow them to marinate for about an hour prior to cooking. Place pork chops on a hot stove top grill (outdoor one is fine as well), grill for three to four minutes per side glazing the chops the entire time. Serve hot and with reserved glazed.

Ok so now we are to the important stuff the winners!!! Thank you so much to all who entered!!! I hope to be able to continue doing these giveaways, and I will as long as you guys keep liking and sharing my work! I love all of these products I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!! Thank you again for reading about my crazy life!

First Place- Jackie Clements- you will receive an 8 cup Food Processor from Hamilton Beach

Second Place- Cindy Lamberson- you will receive a Set of Three Trudeau Mixing Bowls

Third Place- Telpha Heuman- you will receive a Set of Norpor Cut-n-Flex Cutting Boards

No comments:

Post a Comment