Monday, August 18, 2014

Momma Linda's Day at the Fair


This year momma Linda and I were intrusted to take the final hog down to the fair to get her checked in. Mainly because we needed to be down there anyway for an awards ceremony for my momma (more on that in a minute!) 

Any who that morning I headed out to my parents to get the show on the road. First I managed to back up to and hook up the trailer on the first try (I don't need to mention the hubs truck has a back up camera), next after a few tries, ok six, I managed to back the trailer up to the loading area. I then proceeded to run in the house and shout to my dad about what an amazing trailer driver I am! He laughed, guess he wasn't as impressed. 


Next momma Linda and I got the gilt out and loaded in one try no troubles! Things were looking up! We headed out to enjoy the fair. Now once we got to the fair the rather large Miss Minnie decided she wanted to rain on our parade a bit and be a bit difficult to unload. The unloading standoff ended with Minnie off the trailer and momma and I looking a little worse for the wear, like poop on our knees. 

Finally Minnie was settled in and painted with her assigned number,now it was time for momma and I to beautify so we could attend an afternoon tea, yes we are fancy. The tea was to honor the nominees and winners of the Missouri State Fair Woman in Agriculture. An award the my dado and I nominated momma for. Now let's just get one thing straight my momma is the backbone, the heart and labor force behind much of our farm always has been and continues to be. She didn't win the award but was most definitely honored to be nominated and recognized. 

I really hope momma Linda and I will make the momma daughter day out at the fair thing a tradition. I loved working on the pig with her, watching a pie contest, enjoying a nice lunch and just being together. Next year momma we will be in that pie contest!!!! Thank you again for a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment