Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Some days are better than others....


I had a recipe post all ready to go but this just kind of hit me tonight so sorry the recipe will have to wait. 
Some days this whole parenting gig is not easy! Ok that is most days but some days sure are more fun than others. Tonight was one of those for me. She was wired from the moment I picked her up. We were rushing around for my mom to get her from me so I could go to a meeting and the first of many meltdowns occurred. 
After the meeting I headed to my parents to eat supper with them and pick her up. When I walked in I could tell wired had moved to miss sassy. Oh yes that's right we are at the I am going to tell you what to do and if you don't do it I am going to do one of many things including, asking you more rudely and loudly, talking like a baby, screaming, talking nonstop and my personal fave whining. 
To spare you all the gory details lets just say all of the aboved mention tactics were deployed this evening. She was in fine form. And to add to it we had the battle over eating a meal versus snacks plus she wanted to play twenty questions. Oh my. Plus I know that I committed my cardinal sin in taking out a stressful and tiring day on her. Mom of the year award please. 
Don't get me wrong I am so so thankful that The Lord decided to make me her mom, and I know I need to be thankful. I am just saying some days the thankfulness come easier than others. 
I guess The Lord knew I needed help tonight, because as we were tucking her in tonight she out of the blue grabs me and says "I just love you soooo much mom!" He really does know what we need to hear. I also know The Lord has a sense of humor as well because as I finished tucking her in I said "I love you sooo much to Charlot!" She then says,....
"Mom can I have a snack!" I couldn't help but laugh and think help me!
Please tell me I am not the only one these days happen too?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment