Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thankful Thursday's...Fair Time


As I sit here this morning in Iowa preparing for a meeting to start I can't help but wish I was somewhere else. Not just anywhere else but somewhere very specific, Sedalia Missouri. That's right I wish the lady at gate six that greets me each morning had punched my hang tag and put my bracelet on for the day. I wish I had walked into the barn to be greeted by JR and his staff, some of my favorite people in the world. I wish I had chips under my feet and listening to the sound of hogs in the morning. That's right I truly wish I was at the amazing Missouri State Fair. 


No fears though I will be soon with the next generation of showmen in our family! This will be Charlot's first year taking the reins and showing alone, let's hope. So today I am oh so thankful to have grown up at the Mo State Fair. And I am even more thankful to be raising my child there. Lastly I am thankful that I live in a state that this week decided to protect the rights of next generation of farmer, ranchers and show kids alike. I am so happy to know that my kids kids will know the love of showing! Get out and enjoy the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment