Monday, September 15, 2014

Motivational Monday…



Today I am going to share a little more with you about my journey to become a healthier person. I have talked about it a few times on here but not much and now it has been almost a year and I truly can see a change in me so I think it is time.

Let me first start by saying that my weight has been a struggle of mine most my life and I have never had any dreams of being a skinny mini. I just want to look nice in clothes and be healthy for me and my family. Last year in early September I was at the park one beautiful day with my amazing child and she was playing like most kids her age do. She had asked me a couple times to come and see her do this or to push her on that. Each time she asked I had the same response “Sweetie can you wait just a minute momma’s tired.” I guess the Lord knew I needed a wakeup call, because suddenly I was looking at what was happening through different eyes.

I saw me sitting down barely able to focus on my kid, wasting that precious moment. I was that mom the one who had let herself get so out of control of her health that I was missing out on my kids’ childhood. Oh I was so so sad. I had always dreamed of playing with my kid and running and screaming with them and there I was missing out. Why had I let this happen? I knew I had to do something, what I was going to do I had no clue.

Seriously the Lord knew I needed help with this because just a week or two later I was getting my nails done by the lovely lady who always does them and she started talking about this group that was forming called “Slater’s Biggest Loser.” She told me that yes it was going to be a weight loss competition but much more. Including a support group, weekly weigh-ins, group exercise, and nutrition classes, to support overall health not just weight loss. To say the minimum I was hooked and was ready to sign up, just tell me where and when.

This group truly has been a God send. I am so so blessed to be a part of this group. Simply the accountability I feel to this group has me making better decisions for my family and I each and every day. Because of the tools this group has given me, I have become a more health conscious cook, I have found a love for exercise, and I am just making overall better decisions about my life and where I want to see it go.

Speaking of exercise…the first group introduced me to Zumba and then in January a wonderful group of ladies started teaching Zumba classes right there in town. They call their group N.E.W You Crew. The group meets twice per week for Zumba classes and also provides nutritional and weight loss support. They are such a blessing to our little community I am so glad they have come to provide a much needed workout spot for us.

Now my journey is nowhere near over as we say this is a lifestyle change not a diet. But I am proud to say that to date I have lost over 60 pounds and without the support of both of these groups I know I would not be where I am today. So to my “Losers” and” Zumba Ladies” thank you from the bottom of my heart, you have not judged and been supportive of me from thick to not as thick I cannot thank you enough, we have laughed and cried together and sometimes groaned (Zumba) together but you were always there for me. Yes I still have a way to go, I have some lofty goal and I know I can achieve them. I also have to say thank you to a few more people. The ladies I work with have been amazing cheerleaders, and one even jumped on board with me on the workout train, she is my motivator! The hubs says I loved you in every shape and size, but he has been a great supporter and now is adding exercise into his life. Also to my parents and brother, you guys are awesome and have been so amazing, let’s keep it up! Lastly just THANK YOU to anyone who has helped me on this journey you know who you are! Ok finally here it is my before and now picture, I am not calling it my after because I am still going!!! Thank you for sticking it out through this post!


Jan-2013                                      Sept-2014

1 comment: