Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Vaca Recap...Finally!!!


The week following Labor Day the hubs and I loaded up the station wagon for a good old family vacation! Ok so we loaded the truck to its gills for a great headed to the beach road trip! We chose to go the Gulf Shores Alabama. If you have never been go! A longtime friend of mine highly recommended this location to us and well we are so thankful she did. White sand beaches, not over crowded, laid back vibe, amazing local restaurants, family friendly, there is so much more this location has to offer!


I will say it is a long drive for us but we have been blessed with a great kid who is a traveling champ! She was so excited to stay in hotels (we have stayed in ones before), she loved the breakfast, they had fruit loops! The above picture is shortly after we left from home. The following are at our hotel on the way in Memphis, and with her fave surprise toy of the trip. I have a whole traveling with kids trips and tricks post planned!



The first day we got there it was later in the afternoon so we mainly got checked into the hotel and relaxed for a bit before heading out to see the beach and eat some dinner. She was amazed by the beach and ocean at first sight. The restaurant we ate at the first night had lovely beach side seating so you could feel the ocean breeze and listen to the sounds as you ate, it was WONDERFUL.


We woke up early the next morning to a little rain so the hubs and Charlot went to find some forgotten supplies while I joined a teleconference for work. Once the rain stopped we played most of the day on the beach. Building sand castles, running into the water, collecting sea shells, it was perfect. That night we headed to another really neat restaurant that had a really fun shopping area around it that’s where we found the alligator and dolphin. (Note: I will be doing a food post from this trip, DELISH)




For our second full day we decided to head to a different spot on the beach that was in the state park. It was so quiet and free of people I could have stayed there all day!!! FYI below there is a picture of me in a swimming suit that would have never happened before and I am still not one hundred percent comfortable but I love the memory I have with my child. Anyway the hubs didn’t quite feel the same about staying at the beach all day so we loaded up and decided to drive around to see what all the area had to offer. Well I was driving and I had no clue where I was going but we ended up in Florida that was fun! Plus the hubs had never been to FL so he can check it off his list of states to visit! HA! While on the drive the hubs was checking out what we could do that evening and decided on a Dolphin Cruise. I would highly suggest it! We chose one that guaranteed seeing dolphins, it lasted nearly three hours and we saw several dolphins pretty up close! Charlot loved it! The house pictured below is the 10 million dollar one the hubs said he would check into for me, I think I bumped my head on this trip! 

Future Thornton VACA Home!!! HAHAHA!!!
On the morning we were heading home we went down to the beach one last time to fill a bottle with sand for Charlot to keep and to take a family picture near the ocean. I love the sight of the hubs and Charlot filling the bottle they both are working so intently! Plus I do believe this is one of the best family photos we have! Hooray!




Over all an amazing trip! Great area, wonderful people, plenty to do! Go and enjoy yourself! A big Thank YOU to Amanda for the recommendation and all the guidance! We will be returning!

No comments:

Post a Comment