Monday, October 13, 2014

Cinnamon Rolls


Now I will admit yeast and I are not exactly friends. I don’t deal well with it, I know if my friend Amanda is reading she is shaking her head. I am trying to be better I think it is a patience thing someday I will conquer all bread/pastry making, maybe. But who knows. But I love cinnamon rolls and so does one of my co-workers and that is what she seems to request each year for her birthday. Most of the time I pull the amazing daughter trick and swindle my momma into making them for me. If you know my momma you know she makes cinnamon rolls that are so good you will want to slap your momma. Well I don’t slap my momma but you get the point they are good!


This year was no different my co-worker again requested cinnamon rolls for her birthday treat. For some reason I didn’t exactly remember to ask my mom. And as I was driving home from a career fair on Thursday afternoon I remembered I need three dozen cinnamon rolls in the morning. Well fantastic. I’ll just whip those out right quick! NOT. But again like a beacon from above, I remembered a recipe I had saw on Pintrest. Something with pudding, butter and Rhodes Frozen cinnamon rolls. I headed to the grocery store and figured I would give it a go!

I know it sounds crazy dry pudding, melted butter, and frozen cinnamon rolls. But man alive do they make an amazing roll. Moist and buttery not too sweet with a hint of extra creaminess. Yea this one is a keeper. Added bonus they can proof in your fridge overnight and be ready to bake in about 20 minutes in the morning. I think these would be a perfect addition to a holiday breakfast! Or maybe just my Tuesday morning breakfast no I shouldn’t oh but they are so so so good.
Check the crazy good butteryness on the bottom of the pan. I may have eaten it with a spoon!

Cinnamon Rolls

1 package Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls

1 box Cook-n-Serve Vanilla Pudding

1 stick butter melted

In a greased 9x13 pan place your rolls a few inches apart, reserve the icing that comes with (you will use it!). Sprinkle the dry pudding over the top and then pour the melted butter over. This is where you have choices, if you are like me you just let them rise on your stove top the night before and baked at 350 for 25 minutes and then poured on the icing. Or you can get the rolls pudding and butter together and stick them in the fridge overnight, bring them out in the morning and let them finish rising for 20-30 minutes and bake at 350 for 25 minutes and then pour the icing on. Whatever method you choose do not for get to use the icing, it is delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment