Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Mexican Spaghetti Squash Bake


I couldn't wait to share this!!! This was dinner tonight at this home!!! I saw a recipe like this on Facebook or maybe Pintrest a little while back. I tried to find it again but in typical me fashion I couldn't.  In an effort to recreate it this was what I came up with. It is so very tasty, with the added bonus of being really healthy! If you have never tried spaghetti squash you really should give it a go.

Back to this dish! It is a great combination of spicy, creamy and very filling. I definitely felt like I was eating a lovely comfort food. You could make this meatless but I knew the hubs would not be on board for that. Mix up the ingredients add different cheese, spice it up some make it your own! Lastly enjoy!!!

1spaghetti squash
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can chopped green chillies 
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
Pinch of red pepper and salt
Juice and zest of one lime 
1/2 lb cooked hamburger
1-2 cups cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Split the squash length-wise remove the seeds and goop. Drizzle with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Place cut-side down on a cookie sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes. Using a fork scrape out the inside and place in a large bowl. Stir in all remains ingredients except 1/2 of the cheese(this is reserved for the top). Pour mixture into a prepared casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Allow to sit for a few minutes prior to serving, top as you wish, for me Greek yogurt. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment