Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Casserole


I love Pintrest, I have declared this many times before. But there is something that kind of drives me batty, I am wondering if this happens to anyone else! You see a picture of something delicious, you pin it then when you go to make it the website it takes you to something that doesn't exactly give you the full recipe!!!! Grrr, grrrr, grrr, does anyone else have this trouble,...no...hello...I guess I am the only one, oh well what's new!

Well that's how today's recipe happened! I found this recipe a long time ago for a cheesy spinach bake. I went to get the recipe and bam smack wow, only an ingredient list zero directions. What's a girl to do? Grab the ingredients and get busy that's what!!! 

The original recipe didn't include any meat but as a meat eating/needing house I knew I had better add some!!! I really like the end result, creamy, cheesy, and hearty loaded with veggies! 
Cheesy Chicken Spinach Casserole
1/2 lb spaghetti noodles
2 chicken breasts
1 bag fresh spinach
1/4 milk
1 onion chopped
1 tbsp flour
2oz cream cheese
1/2 to 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup cheddar cheese
Pinch of red pepper flakes
 Salt and pepper to taste

Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper sear on both sides until cooked through set aside to rest when rested dice the chicken. Cook pasta according to package directions, remove pasta from water but reserve the water, and salt water heavily. Add spinach to water and allow to cook through for 3-5 minutes. Drain spinach, add milk to spinach and purée. In the same skillet the chicken was cooked in sauté the onion until translucent and soft. Sprinkle on the flower ans allow to cook for a few minutes, add in spinach purée.stir in cream cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar season to taste. Thin the mixture with the stock as needed. Stir in the noodles and chicken. Again if you need to thin the sauce add stock. When well combined and saucy pour mixture into a prepared 8x11 pan, sprinkle on remaining cheese. Bake at 350 covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for 5 minutes! Enjoy!

1 comment: