Monday, December 8, 2014

15 Minute One Skillet Complete Pork Chop Meal


Now this is not much of a recipe more of a method a method I am sure many of you already do but I am typically last on the slow train so here I am introducing it today. I am almost embarrassed how easy this is, I mean I’m a blogger everything should be fancy nancy right? Well guess what I am also a momma who struggles to get meals on the table quickly some nights. So this will be one of my new go tos!


Four ingredients plus some seasoning and oil that’s all it took and man alive it was good. I used one of the Uncle Ben’s flavored rice mixes but you could use any brand or you could even use plain rice and add in your own seasoning. This is also super flexible with the protein and veggies I used boneless pork chops and frozen peas, but chicken breast and broccoli would be fabulous as well. I was really hoping that I had some of the flavored wild rice in the pantry but I didn’t because I know that would have been awesome as well.

Skillet Complete Pork Chop Meal
4 boneless pork chops
1 box Uncle Ben’s Country Rice (any flavor)
½ half Bag Frozen Peas
Salt and Pepper
1 TBSP Butter
1 TBSP EVOO
Zest and Juice of One Lemon

In a large nonstick skillet (that you have a lid that fits) heat oil and butter over medium heat. Season chops with Salt and Pepper. Sear chops in the skillet for no more than a minute per side. You just want a little color. Remove chops. Add rice and ingredients it calls for minus the oil you already have that in your skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and carefully add your chops back in as well as your peas. Allow mixture to cook covered for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and chops are cooked through. Sprinkle on the zest and stir in the juice (you don’t have to do this I just think it brightens it up!) ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment