Thursday, January 22, 2015

One Pot Wednesday


I don’t know if it is just me being lazy or not wanting to be a slave to the dishes but I love one pot meals. Everything goes in and cooks together beautifully for an amazing meal. Isn’t that every mom’s dream? I see tons of these one pot meals on Pintrest, and typical of me I pin it and forget it! But not anymore!!! I have decided to do a new series on the ole blog, one pot Wednesday’s! Each week will feature a new one pot recipe. So if you have had some recipes that you have wanted to try but haven’t had the time or aren’t brave enough, send them my way! The hubs just loves when I make him try new recipes all the time!
                                       

                                        



Today’s recipe has been on my Pintrest board for quite some time, a lovely chicken, pea and mushroom pasta pot! Super easy and delicious! I made this on Monday night for Charlot’s birthday, it was a beautiful day so we didn’t exactly come inside real early, but with this dish I still had supper ready to go by a little after 6!

Chicken, Pea, and Mushroom Pasta
1 12 oz box fettuccini
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast diced (raw)
1 ½ cups frozen peas
10oz mushrooms sliced
5 cups Chicken Stock
2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
2 Cloves Garlic minced
Zest of one lemon
½ cup Heavy Cream
½ cup grated parmesan cheese

In a large pot place all ingredients except cream and cheese. Bring to a boil use tongs to break up noodles and to prevent them from sticking. Low heat to where pot is still bubbling but not a heavy boil. Continuing stirring with tongs  for 15-20 minutes until noodles are done to desired tenderness. Remove from heat and stir in cream and cheese. Top with a bit more cheese and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment