Thursday, March 12, 2015

Chicken Philly Stuffed Peppers...


During my venture for a healthier lifestyle I have followed the idea of all things in moderation, with that said I try to make as many healthier choices each day. But there are those days when all I really want is a big fat greasy cheesy sandwich. Oh yum. But then my thighs remind me that I want to continue down the path I am on. I am not saying I never splurge just not daily. This meal though it fills my need for comfort food in a pretty darn healthy way.


This meal is great for weeknights and perfect especially if you are trying to watch the carbs you are consuming. I was doubtful when I started making supper that night thinking oh I will still be hungry after eating, I need bread man, well I was comfortably full and felt my cheesy need gone. You could easily switch the chicken out with beef, leave out the mushrooms, and spice it up more. This is just a basic idea adjust as you please. But mostly just enjoy it!


Chicken Philly Stuffed Peppers

2 boneless skinless Chicken Breast, thinly sliced
4 Bell Peppers, halved and seeded
1 Onion, thinly sliced
1 box Button Mushrooms, thinly sliced
8 Provolone Cheese Slices
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
Salt, Pepper, and Red Pepper to taste.

Heat a little EVOO in a non-stick skillet, add onion and mushrooms  and cook until starting to soften, season with salt and both peppers. Season chicken and add to the skillet, cook until browned add Worcestershire sauce. Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil, once boiling salt the water and add your pepper halves. Cook for 5-10 minutes until nearly cooked through and drain. Heat oven to 350, line a baking sheet with foil. Place peppers cut side up on the sheet. Season each pepper with salt and pepper prior to stuffing. Fill peppers with chicken and vegetable mixture. Place one piece of cheese over each pepper. Bake in oven until cheese is melted and bubbly 10 minutes or so. ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment