Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas



Do you ever just need a simple quick meal that is satisfying and a bit out of your typical routine? Well I seem to gravitate towards these types of meals all the time. I want quick and easy but I don’t want to be eating the exact same meal each and every week, my meal planning has helped with this. But recipes like this one have also helped. I mean 5 ingredients plus some seasonings, 30 minutes and supper is on the table I think that is a win win win!
These quesadillas are the perfect mix of spicy, smokey, and sweet plus the crunch from the pan seared tortilla I can hardly resist!


Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas
1 large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (seasoned how you wish, I did salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika)
1 Pineapple (fresh or canned) cut into rings
2 cups Pepper Jack Cheese (shredded)
Baby Spinach (if you like)
8 Flour Tortillas
Heat your grill pan or outdoor grill and cook chicken until done. Place pineapple on the grill as well just to get some good char marks. Once these are both done slice chicken breast into thin pieces and cut pineapple in half. Heat a non-stick skillet with a bit of cooking spray. Assemble tortilla then cheese, then chicken and pineapple, plus spinach and more cheese top with second tortilla. Sear in pan on both sides until golden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment