Friday, March 6, 2015

Lily...


All this is Lily, Lily this is everyone. Yes I am aware she is a pig but I still feel introductions are important. Now you are probably wondering what in the world a pig is doing in my bathroom, well she had just had a nice warm bath of course! Oh that isn't normal at your house?


Well it isn’t exactly the everyday at my home either but…there are days. Last night while the hubs and I were working some of the pigs he noticed this little sweetie not doing well at all. She was cold and hungry, and didn’t really look like she was going to make it. Once we finished I asked him what he was going to do with her, “oh I’ll just take her in to your mom’s mud room and see if I can warm her up.” Then as we were leaving Charlot saw the sweet little one and decided it was very sick and needed to come home. 


I asked her on the way home where this pig was going to sleep, maybe in her bed. She wasn't real fond of that idea. Ha! So I said thinking that honestly the pig would probably be dead by the time we got home (I know harsh but true) if he could sleep in her doll cradle. She didn't say much so I figured she didn't like that idea either.



We get home she and the hubs take the still living, obviously, pig into the bathroom for a warm bath. Warm baths make you feel better right? Then she needed some milk. Soon I hear her telling me she needs my corn bag to be warmed up and she needs a blanket. I warm the corn bag up and I see her emptying her doll cradle, why did I open my mouth. She gets the corn bag and blanket all arranged and the pig was tucked in. Before I knew it she was rocking it and calling the pig Lily. Oh boy.

You see these deals don’t always work out for the best so I was prepared to have a crushed little girl this morning when she found out that Lily hadn't made it through the night. Well I was wrong, before I went to be the pig had escaped the cradle and used my bathroom floor as a toilet. Well the hubs found it a more secure bed, but the night was still sort of young. 


Let’s just say when I was woke up at 5:10 this morning by a little girl checking on her pig, I didn’t know what we would find.  I guess it was a good thing Charlot decided to make it an early morning, Lily was in need of some care at that moment. Doc and her assistant the Hubs to the rescue. I am happy to report Lily is alive and doing pretty well. I am not so happy to report my bathroom smells. 

No comments:

Post a Comment