Monday, April 6, 2015

Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs...


As we all just celebrated Easter, I am certain that many of you have an abundance of eggs in your home.  Well here is a new spin on your typical deviled egg. These babies are delicious, a little sweet, a little tangy, and a lot of bacon cheesy goodness.

Now I will give credit where credit is due I got the idea for this recipe from my sweet sister-in-law to be. We were hanging out in my front yard last week one day watching Charlot play and she asked what I was bringing to Easter dinner. I said well all I could get mom to let me bring is deviled eggs. She says oh yum! Then she tells me that her Aunt Jane (HI JANE!!!)  makes deviled eggs with bacon and cheese in them. She says I know it sounds weird but it is delicious.

I thought why they heck not on Saturday as I was making the regular deviled eggs I’ll just turn some of them into bacon goodness. Oh how thankful I am that she introduced these to my life. Two things about the recipe one I always cook an extra egg because I can never seem to get all my eggs out of their shell perfectly. Two butter is in my egg recipe because butter makes everything better! Don’t question just do it! HA! Most of all just ENJOY!

Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs (Makes 1 dozen)

7 eggs
½ cup Mayonnaise
1 TBSP Butter Softened
1 TBSP Honey Mustard
1 TBSP Sugar
2 TSP Apple Cider Vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
½ Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
4 slices of bacon (cooked and diced)

Boil you eggs in a pot of water for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the pot covered for 15 minutes. Drain the eggs, run under cold water and peel as quickly as you can handle. Once eggs have fully cooled slice in half length-wise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl. Place yolk halves on a platter for serving. Using a fork break up the yolks until left with very small pieces. Mix in mayonnaise, butter, honey mustart, sugar and vinegar. Taste then season with salt and pepper.  Fold in your cheese and bacon, reserve a little bacon for garnish if desired. Place egg filling into a zip top bag and snip the corner and pipe filling into whites. Top with remaining bacon. Chill until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment