Thursday, April 2, 2015

Lemon Ricotta Cookies


Oh cookies are possibly one of my favorite desserts, I can justify eating multiples of them where two pieces of cake seems excessive, two cookies not so much! That’s the way I look at it at least. Well I found this recipe a LONG time ago and I think it was originally Giada De Laurentiis’s recipe, I’m not too sure though??? Who ever created this recipe was one smart cookie, HA! These cookies are light and fluffy, courtesy of the ricotta, and just enough of a punch of lemon without being too much!

I made these cookies last night to bring to work for some of my lemon lovin co-workers. And they went over quite well, ok really well. I just keep thinking how they would be the perfect cookie for an Easter dessert, or a bridal/baby shower. They provide the perfect amount of sweetness without being heavy. Now if you are not a fan of ricotta cheese do not worry you will not know that it is in here. Give these a try for your Easter weekend celebrations, and if lemon isn’t your thing switch up the citrus, I keep thinking orange would be delish! Let me know what you think!

Lemon Ricotta Cookies (makes 60 cookies)
2 ½ cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 stick Butter Softened
2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1 (15 oz) Container Ricotta Cheese
Zest and Juice of one Lemon
Fresh Lemon Glaze
1 ½ cups Powdered Sugar
Juice and zest of one lemon

Pre-heat oven to 375. In a medium bowl whisk together, flour, baking powder, and salt, sit aside. With an electric mixer combine sugar, and butter until light and fluffy this typically takes 2-3 minutes. Add eggs in one and at time. Once combine well, add in ricotta, lemon juice and zest. Gradually add in flour mixture, mix until well incorporated. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and drop 2 teaspoon full spoons of the dough on to sheet. Bake for 12 minutes until bottoms are browned.
While cookies are baking combine ingredients for glaze.
Allow cookies to cool on a wire rack for at least twenty minutes. Once cooled spoon glaze over the cookies. Allow harden before packing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment