Monday, May 11, 2015

Asian Grilled Chicken Salad...


That's a fork full of YUM!
I really struggled to give this recipe a name. I wanted to call it a Thai Chicken Salad, but I didn’t know if it really was “Thai” so that’s why I went with Asian. And then there’s the whole issue of just calling it chicken salad, I didn’t want you to think it was like a chicken salad sandwich, which are yummy too just not this. Adding the word grilled seemed to fix this for me except I sometimes grill my chicken when I am making chicken salad for a chicken salad sandwich. I know it’s just a name, names are really important to me they must be just right! Ask my family, it took us three days to name our child! Apparently you cannot go home from the hospital without a name…who knew!


Seriously please forget the previous paragraph, I am slightly crazy. Slightly…right? Ok this salad is amazing, I really must focus on the recipe. With the warmer weather heading our direction at a rapid rate it has me thinking of quick summer suppers that don’t heat up the house too much and are still hearty enough to satisfy the hubs.  This did just that! Plus it pleased my recent love of peanut sauces, a salad dressing made with peanut butter, WHAT! Just give it a try I promise it will be just enough sweet and heat to please any palate! 


Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 Bag of Slaw (no dressing needed)
1 Bag of Broccoli Slaw
4 Egg roll wrappers cut into strips (you can either fry these in hot oil or bake them in the oven)
¼ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 TBSP Apple Vinegar
1 TSP Sriracha (or any hot sauce you like)
1 TSP Soy Sauce
A dash of Sesame Oil (a little goes a long way)
¼- ½ cup EVOO
Chopped Cilantro
Sliced Green Onion
Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl mix both bags of slaw together. Get your grill good and hot (indoor outdoor doesn’t matter), season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Grill until nice and done, be certain to get some good grill marks, grill marks equal flavor! Now while the grilling is happening you need to crisp up your egg roll wrappers, I just shallow fried mine, but you can spray them with some Pam and bake them in the oven at 400 for  5-10 minutes. Now I adore making salad dressings in a mason jar, but this one didn’t really want to do that real swell. So I stuck with a bowl and whisk,  in a bowl combine peanut butter, vinegar, sriracha, soy sauce, and sesame oil, once all this is combined stream in the EVOO whisking the entire time, keep adding oil until it is the consistency you like. Season with salt and pepper. Now in your large bowl top the slaws with cilantro and green onion and toss, then pour in ½ the dressing, tossing to coat. No w when you plate add sliced chicken breast to the top of the slaw mixture and sprinkle on some of the wonton crisps.  Serve with more dressing if desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment