Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Chicken Stir-Fry with Sesame Noodles


If you are in need of a quick and easy supper with a bit of an Asian flare this is for you! It also seems pretty kiddo friendly in our home because anything with noodles is right up her alley. I was looking for some simple noodle recipes the other day and I kept seeing The Pioneer Woman’s sesame noodles coming up. They sounded amazing so I thought I’d give it a stab. Well when I went to my local grocery store they didn’t have a few of the things that were in the original recipe and then I found out that the hubs was going to be home that night so meat would be needed in the meal. So through the process of missing ingredients and a meat needing husband this glorious recipe was born. Plus I added some peanut butter to it because well I am, as I have stated before, obsessed with Thai peanut sauces. Please enjoy this with you and yours, feel free to switch up the meat and veggies! Let me know what you think!

Chicken Stir-Fry with Sesame Noodles

2 chicken breast (thinly sliced)
2 carrots (sliced into think matchsticks)
2 stalks celery (thinly sliced)
12 ounces, fluid Thin Noodles, Cooked And Drained
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
2 TBSP Sugar
1 TBSP Garlic Powder
2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
2 TBSP Pure Sesame Oil
½ tsp Siracha
2 TBSP Creamy Peanut Butter
4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin
1 TBSP toasted sesame seeds

This recipe happens very quick so you want to have everything ready before you really start cooking. So start out getting your water boiling and your noodles cooked and drained, just try to keep them somewhat warm while everything else is happening. While I am waiting on my water to boil I slice up my chicken, carrots, and celery. Then in a small bowl, whisk together, soy sauce, sugar, garlic powder, vinegar, sesame oil, Siracha, peanut butter, and canola oil. Set aside. Heat a tablespoon or so of EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken carrots and celery, cook until chicken is cooked through and veggie are tender crisp, you want them to have a bit of a bite. Once this is done add in noodles stir in to combine, then pour sauce and toss to coat. Top with green onions and sesame seed and serve. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment