Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend Recap...


I know Mother’s Day is over and I am well aware if I was going to do a recap it probably should have been done yesterday, but hey it’s me and I would not wait to share that salad with you. That means today you get to see all about my weekend, could I have skipped this post and provided more timely information yes, but again it me, I want to document this past weekend for me! 


We started out Saturday morning with breakfast with my parents; my great Aunt who had been here since the bro’s wedding was flying out Saturday. Thus breakfast was needed to see her off; it was awesome to have her here for a visit. I prepared the above bread, delish, recipe coming sometime this week!
After breakfast Charlot and I headed to town to purchase groceries and do a little Mother’s Day shopping for my momma and the Hubs mom. My dad met us at a local nursery to pick something out for my mom. It was so much fun shopping with him; Charlot showed him everything in the place. The pig planter (imagine that a pig?) in the first picture was the gift we decided on, it was from all her kids, grandkid and husband. I think she really liked it; it will make the perfect addition to her front porch. 




Then Saturday evening Charlot was treated to an extra special treat! She got to go on a date with Christopher, RaRa didn’t mind I’m sure. Seriously though the hubs and I were totally not needed, other than to provide her with transportation, guess we better get used to that. She didn’t want to ride in Christopher’s trailer, she said it smelled. 


Then on Sunday it was breakfast prepared by the hubs, and then church before lunch with my momma. I made lunch for all of us, it was really nice to enjoy sometime together. The last several weeks have been very hectic for all of us. Good weather in the spring for farmers=BUSY!!! 


After lunch we went and visited with my MIL for a bit. Then home for the hubs to prepare supper, extra special treat! Or at least I thought that was all we were doing, Charlot had other plans. As soon as we walked in the door she announced that we needed to have a Mother’s Day dance party! I said ok, she brings out all kinds of dress up stuff and announces that she is DJ Doc and she is in the HOUSE!!! Then she dresses me up because I am queen for the day! It was such a special moment; I am so blessed to be her momma.

Even if the crown was cutting of circulation to my head…



No comments:

Post a Comment