Monday, July 27, 2015

A short recap of the past few weeks...


People often tell me during late June and the month of July how much they miss my blog and that they hope I get back to it soon. I always find that so flattering yet embarrassing at the same time. Today I felt I had some explaining to do. You see the picture above is pretty much my view from June 25 through July 25 seven days per week. I pollinate corn, I run a crew of pollinators, and over see all of our pollinators. Pollinating is absolutely one of the most important times of the year at my office, and the corn doesn't stop growing just because it is the weekend, thus we are here. Which tends to kind of send my typically very scheduled self into a bit of a tailspin. So below are some of the reasons my blog has lacked...but POLLINATING is officially over for 2015 so I am back at it again!

This group never failed to make me smile each and everyday. Most of them had something crazy or wild or just completely outrageous to tell me nearly everyday. I think they also really just liked saying my name because I heard them utter it probably 17 million times per day.

Speaking of outrageous...these two!!! These two have been on my crew for the past two years and I can't help but smile when I think of them! We were picking sweet corn for the local food pantry and this is how they came out of the field to finish filling their bag.

And here they all are my kids for this pollinating season standing with all the corn they picked for the food pantry! I seriously had the best crew ever this year!!!
!

Then there's this...I was preparing to go to battle in the corn, moving drip tape irrigation but hand. Corn cuts on the face are a painful painful thing...

Oh and that's right this kid my actual kid hey there Charlot so good to see you! She absolutely LOVES ice cream...and now has found a love for fudge pops. I may have introduced her to them, I can't help it they are so good. Anyway this little thing has had quite the active schedule as well, VBS, swimming lessons, pig walking, cousin meeting, play-dates, I can hardly keep up.  Oh and yes that is a large pile of mail behind Charlot that I need to sort through just keeping it real.



This is Anna she and Charlot are nearly ready for their State Fair debut.


Oh Mia and Charlot how they love each other they love to play and fight and play and argue, and play and send orders. They are some pretty awesome friends/cousins.


Plus Mia now has a new baby sister Miss Ava and we are all smitten by her. Charlot thought it was pretty awesome when she got to hold her.

All of the above things kind of make me feel the same way Charlot, now that July is almost over I just really want to take a nap. 

Thank you for your time and understanding, Oh and a big thank you to all of you who asked about me during my blog absence. The biggest thank you of all goes to my family for all their help during this crazy month! I'm well aware I couldn't do it without you!








No comments:

Post a Comment