Thursday, July 30, 2015

Quick and Easy Saucey Chicken Tostada's...


As I have mentioned a time or twelve before summers are pretty crazy busy around our house. So that makes mealtime a bit of a struggle at times. But this is one meal that I turn to when I need supper on the table quick and I need to not be slaving over the stove. I can get home start the chicken go clean up from work and still have supper on the table in approximately 30 minutes!  I love the meat in this recipe I use it for tacos, nachos, chicken walking tacos, enchiladas, anytime I want a little heat in chicken this is pretty much my go to! Oh and the sauce is the best let’s be honest I could just drink it, so smooth and rich and wonderfully simple.

I have included my recipe for taco seasoning, I have been making this for several years and have found that I really prefer it to the packages, but feel free to use your favorite taco seasoning it will not hurt my feelings! Please make this for your family soon you will not regret it! Oh and if you have any extra I would gladly take a serving off your hands!

Quick and Easy Saucey Chicken Tostada's 
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
2 TBSP Taco Seasoning Mix
1 ½  cups Chicken broth
8 corn tortillas
Cheddar Cheese
Lettuce
Sour Cream
Place chicken breast in a large skillet with a lid, mix together tomatoes and taco seasoning pour over chicken. Add enough broth to almost cover the chicken. Turn heat on to medium and cover the skillet. Allow chicken to simmer for 20 minutes or until easy shredded, try not to overcook. Once chicken is shredded leave the lid off the pan and turn the heat up for five additional minutes to help thicken the sauce. In the meantime if you have a gas stove take some tongs (metal) and brown your tortillas over the flame turning frequently. If you do not have a gas stove you can crisp them up in the oven by heating it to 450 and placing tortillas directly on the rack. Once tortillas are browned it is time to assemble! Place a tortilla on the plate top with some chicken and plenty of sauce, add some shredded cheese to the top, layer another tortilla and repeat with chicken and cheese, finish off with lettuce and sour cream. ENJOY!!!
Taco Seasoning
2 TBSP Chili Powder
1 TBSP Cumin
2 TSP Corn Starch
2 TSP Kosher Salt
1 ½ TSP Paprika
½ TSP Red Pepper
Combine all ingredients in a mason jar, store in refrigerator for longer freshness.


No comments:

Post a Comment