Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Perfect 4th of July Dessert...



Now we all (including me) might have thought this lovely little blog might have died and went to Google heaven. BUT fear not! I am trying to do my best to post more and more and more! I PROMISE, and I know I have promised this before, and I really do mean it each and every time…it’s just I get busy life gets crazy…all the usual excuses!

So just a wee little family update then on to today’s recipe…Charlot’s t-ball season is now officially over, they played one game, darn rain, I have a post ready for this! Oh and since I lasted talked to you lovely people we have gained a new cousin, little Miss Ava joined the family a bit earlier than expected but she is so very welcomed. Mommy, daddy and big sister Mia are all in love and doing well. I will post about her soon as well…promise…don’t hold my feet to the fire though!

Ok so if you are like me you love desserts, ok who really doesn’t…NO ONE!!! But if you are like me and love desserts in the summer to be a bit on the lighter side and possibly a bit fruity this one is for you! Plus if you are looking for that last minute 4th of July dessert here you go!

Patriotic Ice Box Cake
2 sleeves Graham Crackers
2 boxes Cheesecake Flavored Pudding
3 Cups Milk
1 Container Cool-Whip
1 Cup Blueberries
2 Cups Strawberries (sliced)
In a large bowl combine pudding mixes and milk, sit in fridge to allow thickening. Once nice and thick gently stir in half of the container of Cool-Whip. In a 9x13 pan cover bottom with a single layer to graham crackers. Top with half the pudding mixture, followed by half the blueberries and half the strawberries. Add another layer of graham crackers, repeat pudding and fruit layer. Top with more graham cracker sheets. Spread remaining Cool-Whip over the final layer of graham crackers. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours to soften crackers. Serve and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment