Thursday, January 7, 2016

Christmas Break Fun...


I used to think that Christmas break was the most amazing thing ever as a kid then it became even better as a college student. But I will say that the best Christmas breaks I have ever had are since becoming a Mom. Spending two weeks with this little one with very few plans and lots of fun to be had is amazing. Thank you in advance for understanding the lack of blogs during this time. I really tried to focus on our family and living in the moment, so there are some events that I didn't take one picture! Whoops! 
First and foremost I must show you what the hubs completed the first weekend of Christmas break. Look at those gorgeous wood floors! Oh I am so happy I have never and will never understand why people put carpet over such beautiful craftsmanship! So thanks to the hubs for making me love our little house even more. 
Now on to the wild and crazy time we had over our two weeks off! Ha!



Our Aunt RaRa taught us the term deuces, and of course now we use it quite frequently. And on this night daddy needed to take a picture with her to send to RaRa.

Christmas Day was family filled and the above photo is the only one I have of the three of us. Yes Charlot go an American Girl Doll for Christmas. It was actually my doll when I was little so it is pretty special. 
After having Christmas at our house we headed out to my parents for brunch and gifts. It was such a nice and relaxing time just enjoying each other. And hum not a single picture did it take there!

Next stop was at the Hubs grandma's for Christmas with the family. This year they decided to have an ugly sweater contest, so fun. I actually brought a sweater to put on but once I saw my father-in-law I realized there was no point in trying he was taking home the crown.

That's a chair full of love and maybe a bit jealousy Charlot isn't a huge fan of sharing Christopher's attention.

After Christmas at Grandma Zella's we headed up the road to my in-laws to open presents. Lots of fun was had from a paper fight to throwing packing materials all over the living room to several fun filled games of twister.

I'm pretty sure Charlot decided twister was much easier to sit down and play by yourself.

There were many lunch dates with this lady.

Break even consisted of a few dates with this guy! Here we are celebrating my parents 40th wedding anniversary. My brother and I hosted a little dinner out for them. Such a nice night to honor our parents who have taught us so much about love, commitment and marriage.

We helped daddy feed and load cattle and yes if you look closely the hubs is sporting my headband! Ha! It was sleeting so hard it was pelting his ears a bit harder than he preferred.

A trip to the American Girl Store was needed as well. I think her Aunties got quite the education about American Girl while we were shopping that day.

It's quite possible that she conned someone into building Lincoln Log houses with her each and everyday.

The hubs introduced Charlot to the joys of lunch at the sale barn. I'm pretty sure she may never let him go by himself again.

And we closed it all out with our first litter of baby pigs. Man was she excited! 
I am so thankful for this time off these are memories we will cherish forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment