Friday, January 22, 2016

Christmas Countdown Random Acts of Kindness...Recap...WAYYYY late.

I am very sorry for the lateness of this post apparently baby brain is striking hard. I have had this post ready since the day after Christmas and I was certain that I posted it...Well as you can see I didn't! Whoops! Please forgive me! 

Monday Day 13- We took Candy Canes to the local nursing home...this was an absolute treat! Charlot loved handing out the canes and the residents loved seeing her. So much fun I don't think that RAOK will ever leave the list.

Tuesday Day 15- The above picture is of her getting ready to deliver treats to our meat cutter at our local grocery store. He is always so very kind to us that we want him to know how much we appreciate him!

Wednesday Day 16- She brought a flower to the cooks at school.

Thursday Day 17- She got to choose someone to call just to say I love you! As we expected she called her grandma Linda they are quite the pair. 

Friday Day 18- We made a meal basket, with a meal she chose and took it to one of our neighbors. She even chose the recipient of this gift. It was so so much fun!
Saturday Day 19- We actually did two things, the first was we spent an hour volunteering for the Salvation Army and rang bells in front of Wal-mart. This has been a tradition my mom and I have had since I was a little girl and I am so glad we are keeping the tradition up. Then we went inside of Wal-mart to do a little shopping and Charlot's task was to choose someone to go in front of us in line. The guy she chose and his son were so kind and appreciative of her gesture. 

Sunday Day 20- We took this delicious Clementine Cranberry bread to our wonderful minister. Our church is so blessed to have such a kind man who is great with all people young and old. 


Monday Day 21- We took treats to the sweet ladies and gents that work at our local bank. They deserved this so much every time we are in there they make certain to give Charlot a sweet treat.



Tuesday Day 22- Her task for the day was to surprise someone with a yummy breakfast. Well Uncle Zach and Aunt Lauren were the lucky ones this year!


Wednesday Day 23- We couldn't forget our four legged friends. Nutkin and friends needed some special Christmas sweets as well.

Thursday Day 24- She was to make a list of things she loved about someone. Well she chose her Pap and man alive is this list interesting and awesome. I have to share a few things with you, "I love my Pap because he let's me take his socks off for him." "I love my Pap because he lives with Grandma." This list was so great that my parents framed it and hung it up in the kitchen. 

Friday Day 25- This was her choice. It was Christmas I wanted her to choose. She chose to give her cousin one of her favorite books because she just knew that Karstin would love it! 


I hope all of you have enjoyed following along in this little tradition with us. I pray it is something we will continue for years to come and that it will become a tradition my little one treasures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment