Monday, January 25, 2016

French Puffs...My Style


So these little jewels are amazing...I needed to get that out of my system as much as I needed to get these out of my house. I have to think of the best interests of my thighs. I have been looking at this recipe for several years since I got my very first Pioneer Woman Cookbook, they always looked delish but kind of a pain. You see what kicked my butt into gear to make these is that since Christmas I have been hearing about how amazing these little cinnamon muffins the Hubs sister made were. I didn't get any and she told me that they were a recipe out of one of the PW cookbooks I gave her as a shower gift. I knew that it was these!!!

Well Saturday morning these were happening I was going to get them made. The hubs left to go feed hay and Charlot was still asleep I had the kitchen to myself I was set. the entire recipe was made I came to the part where you alternated 1 cup of milk mixing into the eggs mix with the dry ingredients. I open the fridge...and there it is a nearly empty gallon of milk. WHAT!!! I measured out what I had 1/2 cup seriously!!! Who leaves a 1/2 cup of milk in the gallon. Oh but I was determined, the store was not an option I was not waking my morning hating child. I texted my sister-in-law for a milk emergency. She was already gone for the morning...Checked with the Hubs still feeding hay but looking forward to breakfast, yikes...searched my fridge, no clue why. Then it came to me. I make Lemon Ricotta Cookies that are really light and fluffy! I added a 1/2 cup of the ricotta to the mixture and hoped for the best. 

Basically that was the most ridiculous way I could have gone about telling you guys that these are great and pain free to make! They will be my new go to for new momma's!!! 

For a link to the recipe head HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment